AUSTIN, TX, October 25, 2010 – The WiFi Alliance announced that they had begun certifying device that are capable of connecting each other without the use of other network device. Pretty cool huh’ , a device to device connection. The connection is protected by WAP2 security Wi-Fi Direct connection requires active agreement: one device must request access, and the other device grants permission. Well this new technology can help us connect with friends and other people with just one push of a button.
We designed Wi-Fi Direct to unleash a wide variety of applications which require device connections, but do not need the internet or even a traditional network, Wi-Fi Direct empowers users to connect devices – when, where and how they want to, and our certification program delivers products that work well together, regardless of the brand. said Edgar Figueroa, CEO of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
The following WiFi device were the first to be certified as a WiFi Direct.
- Atheros XSPAN® Dual-band 802.11n PCIe Mini Card (AR928x)
- Broadcom BCM43224 Dual-Band 802.11n 2×2 MIMO PCIe Half Mini Card
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200
- Ralink MIMObility 802.11n 2×2 PCIe Half Mini Card
- Realtek RTL8192CE-VA4 HM92C00 PCIe mini card