This is a very short guide in resetting your Canon MP190 Series Printer when you got a . I have seen a lot of guide over the internet but most of them where not working and some are very hard to understand. To reset your MP190 series, first you have to put your printer into service mode.
Steps to put your MP190 series to service mode
- Unplug and plug the printer’s AC plug to the AC socket.
- Press and hold the Stop/Reset button.
- While holding the Stop/Reset button, press and hold the power button.
- Release the Stop/Reset button (keep on holding the Power button).
- Press the Stop/Reset button twice and release the power button.
- Wait for the printer to initialize and when it displays “0” on the panel it means your done.
Now that your printer is in service mode, you are ready to reset the waist ink counter. First download Service Tool V1050 (Download link at the end of the post). Extract the file and run the Service tool V1050
- Determine which USB Port your printer is connected to and select it on the USB port drop down menu.
- In the Clear Ink Counter Selection tick on the “Main” button.
- Then Tick on the “Plater” button.
Now your printer’s waste ink counter is set back to zero.
Download link for the service tool v1050 HERE